BMP to gif'.gif', '.jpeg', '.jpg', or '.png'

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 24 19:31:05 UTC 2003

Cool and this is also working on PC :)

because I coded that

| res |
res := FillInTheBlank request: 'Give the name of the file'
initialAnswer: 'screen'.
res := res copyUpTo: $..
res isEmpty ifTrue: [res := 'screen'].
res := res, '.gif'.
GIFReadWriter putForm: Form fromUser onFileNamed: res

fascinating how fast we can be (and I lost a bit of time for browsing
Swiki).

Stef

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 08:39 PM, <diegogomezdeck at consultar.com>
wrote:

> Stef,
>
> Drap the image from outside (from your OS) to the squeak window. Then,
> in
> the morph's menu (the drag & drop will create an ImageMorph) you have
> the
> option "export.." and jpeg, gif and bmp are options.
>
> See you,
>
> Diego
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> My wife is working on PC (and we only have mac at home) and she wants
>> to upload picture on her Swiki but I do not know a free software to
>> convert
>> BMP in gif, jpeg or png. She also needs to crop the image.
>>
>> I was thinking to do that in my free time (I like the concept of free
>> time in
>> our crazy lifes).
>>
>> Do you know if this kind of tool already exist in Squeak. I remember
>> that once
>> I program a screen shots taker and lex too. Is it possible to save in
>> gif...
>>

>> Stef

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html