[Q] FileList2 spins: how do I debug this ?

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Mar 24 23:41:42 UTC 2003

Martin,

I had (perhaps still have) a problem in a morphic GUI that would freeze morphic, preventing any debugging.  Eventually, I widened a critical section, which seemed to fix the problem.  My concern was never that the problem occured, only with what to do when something clobbers morphic.  A little VM hacking extended the callstack printing to all non-dead processes vs. simply the active one, allowing me to get some idea of what was happening.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology