[MCP] Getting big refactorings accepted by harvesters

German Morales germanmorales at delta-sys.com
Tue Mar 25 19:32:36 UTC 2003

Hi all,

It took me some time (I had little free lately), but finally I finished
reviewing the first change set of MCP.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3005

The 0001 change set has 162Kb, so it definitely doesn't deserve the [sm] tag.

As said in this list, such a big change set will have some resistance from
the harvesters, so I wrote some notes while reviewing the change set:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/3005/0001.txt

I've wrote just OK when the refactoring is the expected one, and added
some comments when the changes are not so obvious or something is wrong
but is fixed in another change set.

My questions are:
-is this helpful?
-is this enough?
-what can I do to help this change set get harvested?

Thanks in advance,

German Morales