Squeak on a PDA

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Mar 27 00:48:17 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

I got my Dell Axim, and it works very nicely. I've installed the non-GAPI
squeak VM from Yoshiki's page:

SqueakVM-alpha6-030206-PPC2002-ARM-noGAPI.exe

I'm using a 1 MB MVC-only image for now, and it starts the image okay, but
it can never find the changes file.

Both the image and the change log are in the \My Documents\Personal folder
in the main filesystem. When I start the VM, it comes up with a prompter
window for the image, and the image (auv.image) is highlighted, and the
only image on the file system. In the same folder is the change log
(auv.changes).

After I select the image, it asks for "Main Memory Size", with a slider.

I set the slider to 6.0 MB as an example (although it doesn't matter what I
choose). It then pops a menu choice dialog saying:

auv.changes does not exist
create a new file
choose another name
cancel

The file is clearly in the same directory as the image, and it shares the
same name. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

After I cancel the dialog, everything works normally, except for the fact
that the source code is decompiled...

Later,
Jon