[ANN] Closure Compiler

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Thu Mar 27 00:51:22 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 05:36 PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I can tell you with some certainty that RMS would not say anything like
> "infect all of Squeak". When I spoke to him personally about this
> matter, he simply refused to continue the discussion on the basis of
> the
> viral analogy.

Don't be so certain.  I had a colloquy with him on the precise subject
when the issue first came up regarding a plugin on which folks were
working, and he was adamant.  He did address the point substantively
when we spoke -- I guess he wasn't so upset at the time about the
"viral analogy" :) -- and he did insist that monolithic image software
should be treated in the manner I described.