[ANN] Closure Compiler

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 27 09:58:10 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> Update from Apple: they are unwilling to change the indemnification
> bits. The export clause is negotiable. As that's not enough, I've
> introduced the idea of sublicensing with them (without closing the door
> on re-licensing, of course).

Btw, what does this indemnificaion clause really mean? Does it mean that
if I build something on top of Squeak, distributes it including Squeak
itself and then someone uses this software - then, if this "someone"
sues Apple, I get to pay for it all?

That sounds really scary. Could party X (in theory) sue Apple today for
some harm that any of my code that I have distributed on the net (given
that it includes base Squeak I guess) has caused party X - and *I* get
to pay for it all?

I *really* hope this is not what it means. Since you americans seem to
sue each other all over the place as soon as a big company is in the
picture this doesn't sound as unlikely as one may think... ;-) ;-)

regards, Göran