[ANN] Closure Compiler

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Thu Mar 27 11:30:24 UTC 2003

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 04:33 AM, Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 02:06, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
>> 	b) Squeakish with minor repairs?
>
> Both as for the content (obligation to share modifications, not
> extensions) and the realism (probably more likely to succeed if you
> stick close to the original), I'm for b).
>
> Update from Apple: they are unwilling to change the indemnification
> bits. The export clause is negotiable. As that's not enough, I've
> introduced the idea of sublicensing with them (without closing the door
> on re-licensing, of course).

I cannot emphasize how unhelpful, and potentially dangerous, it is for
Cees to individually be discussing these matters with Apple at this
time, before the community has developed its position and without the
benefit of counsel.  I can think of nothing more likely to lead us to
yet another dead-end, or worse, to missed opportunities.