[ANN] Closure Compiler

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 27 12:12:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 12:30, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
> I cannot emphasize how unhelpful, and potentially dangerous, it is for
> Cees to individually be discussing these matters with Apple at this
> time, before the community has developed its position and without the
> benefit of counsel.  I can think of nothing more likely to lead us to
> yet another dead-end, or worse, to missed opportunities.

Well, as no-one moved after years and years of discussion, I decided just to
contact Apple and ask them when the topic popped up for the umptieth
time. Note, though, that I'm 'probing', not 'negotiating'. I'm not a
lawyer, but (part of me, at some times at least ;-)) I am a business
man, so I do know a bit about walking on thin blue lines. By the time
matters turn into serious negotiations, I'll be more than happy
(thrilled, in fact, I've got better things to do) to step aside and let
the pros take over.

In fact, if you insist, I'll be happy to step aside now. Shall I
introduce you to the guy I've been discussing with and send you a full
log of my email conversation?