Naive Question of the Naive VM extension dream

Alexandre Bergel bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 27 12:49:17 UTC 2003

Hello Craig

I have read and try your explanation about Squeak2.7.
But by putting a "self halt" in the method lookupupMethodInclass nothing happened.
What are the tool offered for debugging/modifying the interpreted VM?

Do you know is there some significant change from Squeak2.7 and the last VM?

I have also tried to make the simulator running in squeak 3.4 (using Anthonny Hannan change set) but I get an error "UndefinedObject not indexable". Do I need to recompile the VM excluding plugins (the error arise in the method InterpreterSimulator>>loadNewPlugin:) ? Do I need other changeset than the one from Anthonny ?

Regards
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel