Debugger woes

Anthony Hannan ajhannan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 12:49:54 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> - BlockContext>>ensure: uses #valueUninterruptably to evaluate the
> block. It seems that the debugger cannot descent inside such blocks.
> - ... It seems that the debugger runs the code in a new process, which
> fouls up all transaction-related things when single-stepping after a
> #halt or an exception (which is a lot in my code ;-)).

The runtime for the Closure Compiler fixes both problems above.  The debugger
runs code in the debugged process so it runs exception blocks in the right
context.

You can load the runtime without the compiler and it should work.  Load the
first 5 changesets of the closure compiler
(http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ClosureCompiler).

Cheers,
Anthony