Debugger woes

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 27 21:07:31 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> - BlockContext>>ensure: uses #valueUninterruptably to evaluate the
> block. It seems that the debugger cannot descent inside such blocks. I'm
> using a subclass of TestCase that does:
>
>   open database
>   [start txn
>   run test
>   commit txn] ensure: [close database]
>
> so that means that you cannot Send down into the actual test code when
> running unit tests.
Anthony is quite right that his code can fix this; the problem (or a
similar one at least) came up a couple of weeks ago and I tracked it
down to the debugger's simulation ofthe return bytecodes not paying any
attention whatsoever to the possibility of having to handle exceptions.
Somebody forgot to check this when incorporating (or perhaps initially
implementing) the exception handling changeset.

tim

Strange OpCodes: DMK: Destroy Memory-protection Key