Porting Squeak to SH4

Johannes Jansson j.jansson at qut.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 23:31:15 UTC 2003

Yoshiki wrote

>   Not I'm aware of.  There are several 'barebone' implementations
> of Squeak including for Mitsubishi M32R chip and StrongARM board
> from Intel.  There is a port for Sega Dreamcast which uses SH-4,
> but I don't know whether it is on Windows CE or more close to the
> hardware.
>
>   I'm not so familiar with the barebone implementation, but what
> is the hardware, testing board, or whatever you are looking at?
> Does that hardware have any handy screen and pointing device?
>
>   I may not able to help you too much, but just curious.

Well we are doing our own microcontroller setup with the SH4 processor as
the core. It will be used in robotics and distributed applications,
hopefully :) But the main difference from a standard SH4 is that we will
use a FPGA for the link setup and try to put as mouch functionality as
possible of the communication protocol in to hardware. We'r kind of in the
starting phase so we don't have much to test with yet, just a first
prototype board, and the only I/O we'll have is through the link setup.

/Johannes