Remote message-sending & security ( Was: RE: Squat progress, 26 March 2003 )

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 28 08:39:51 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 08:45, Cees de Groot wrote:
> Biggest issue, of course, is security. I refer to RMI class path
> annotation hell for an example of how it shouldn't be done...

...and under the shower I decided that the principle of a 'collective'
is probably the easiest starting point. All members of the collective
trust each other completely, so 'all' you need is introducer keys and a
decent encryption for the traffic between images. Luckily, the
Cryptography package provides everything (you see, I'm learning - I look
on SqueakMap before discussing whether stuff is available :-)).