[GOODIE] BinaryRelation

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Mar 28 10:28:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Brian T Rice wrote:

> How odd: Richard only implemented binary relations, and you're not
> bemoaning that.

Come on, I'm not "bemoaning" anything, nor do I think the "only" is
necessary.  As I said, an algebra of binary relations is a natural
approach for what you're doing, but it's rather awkward to model a set of
Oracle tables that way (or at least, it seems so in my ignorance - feel
free to enlighten me).  It may turn out, therefore, that it's cleaner to
keep our two designs separate than to unify them.  Then again, it may not:
you know the math involved better than I, you tell me.

At any rate, for those interested in the database side of things, I'll try
to write up some quick documentation soon on how you would go about using
Roe with an RDBMS (limited to Postgresql for now).

Avi