Configure problem on Linux x86 with GCC 3.x

Norbert Hartl ruediger at selfish.org
Fri Mar 28 14:18:24 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 00:11, Lars Dornheim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there has been a open problem with all GCC 3.x on Linux x86 for quite a
> long time. If you run configure the double order is not determined
> correctly. So you still have to set
>
> #define DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1

Hi,

This is not the problem. After configure there is already this
define in config.h.
With this define set I get the same behaviour for squeak. A few
seconds after starting there are a lot of Float>truncated messages
and then the vm crashes.

I used
Squeak-3.4-1.src.tar.gz

I am using gentoo linux with 2.4.20 (modified) kernel
glibc 2.3.1 and gcc 3.2.2

Norbert