[ANN] [ENH] ScrollBar Enhancements

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Fri Mar 28 20:29:26 UTC 2003

Hi guys...

I'm still trying to give the artist in me an oportunity... :)

I modify a little bit the scrollbars, see them in:

   http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3141

List of changes:

- the size of the scrollbars is base on the default font height
- new gradient option for the scrollbar's buttons
- new set of icons for the scrollbar's buttons
- the slider get 'pressed' when it's dragged
- an cache is included to speed-up the time to get the images
-- see LRUCache and references to it
- two new Preferences options
-- gradientScrollBars: use a gradient look
-- alternativeButtonsInScrollBars: use an alternative set of arrows

Enjoy it,

Diego Gomez Deck

PS: Is the community like the changes I propose to include them in the
3.6alpha update stream