[OT] XML technology as general data store in programs ?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Mar 28 14:15:50 UTC 2003

In particular, XML creates only trees naturally, for graphs you need to
use references (for example, by using RDF), at which point some of the
"simplicity" benefits are gone. An OODB exposes the object graph in it's
natural form.

OTOH, most of the people I've met that said "but I want to be able to
move my object from one node to the other, so I need to serialize it
into XML" had simply not thought out their application through.
Communications often occur at a different level than representation -
speech doesn't actually consitute telepathy.

Daniel