[Q] a couple of questions related to look enhancements

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 30 16:35:16 UTC 2003

Diego

I was wondering if this would be good to have for the window the same
kind of gradient than for the menu title.

My impression is that if you look on your screen shot the menu and the
windows do
not really fit together. May be you should have a test with menu
without gradient and
another with window with gradient.

This was what I meant when I was talking about consistency.
Stef

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 02:10 PM, Chris Burkert wrote:

> Hi Diego!
>
> diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:
>> Hi guys...
>> I plan to continue with the “look enhancements” work. See the current
>> state
>> at:
>>    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3142
>
> Your work is really great! Thanks a lot for this!
>
>> I have a couple of questions:
>> - Which is the feeling of the community about the new set of changes?
>
> Personally I think the default Theme should use a smaller font for the
> menu.
>
>> - Do you consider these changes an [ENH] to the base image or an
>> external
>> package?
>
> For the future it would be nice if this is a part inside of the big
> image, but mainly it should be available as package to load it in a
> shrinked small image. The question is when we will have those smaller
> images and what will be part of them.
>
>> - Do you prefer one package with all the changes (right now: menus,
>> scrollbars and system window's icons) or several different packages?
>
> I would prefer one big cs.
>
>> There are a set of design-decisions to take base on the answers to
>> these
>> questions.
>> TIA,
>> Diego Gomez Deck
>
> Regards
>            Chris Burkert
> --
> -
> Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of
> Technology
>      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de
> -
> "I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
>  C++ in mind." - Alan Kay --> http://www.whysmalltalk.com/

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html