How to start Squeak under WinXP from image on network?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu May 1 02:34:29 UTC 2003

Ned,

> c:\squeak\squeak.exe \\ned\homes\Squeak\3.6\squeak.image
>
> Squeak complains that it can't find the file.
>
> Why doesn't this work?

Good question. I don't know. Can you open a network file when you run Squeak
locally? (you may have to go to the primitive directly as I don't know if
non-mapped network file systems are recognized correctly - there are quite a
number of places where drive names are expected). If you can, then it's
probably an issue with using fopen() (from msvcrt.dll) vs. CreateFile().

Cheers,
  - Andreas