What makes up a "User" in a Class Object? (was Well factored Objects)

Darius squeakuser at inglang.com
Thu May 1 22:28:14 UTC 2003

I reread my message and I've now included these rephrased points:

An optimal interface is just as essential for organizing knowledge and
subsequent reuse as a Collection is essential for organizing knowledge and
subsequent reuse.

> Note that you do the same. If you hand your credit card to a
> warehouse clerk, all you are interested in is where that clerk's hand
> is and whether it already has taken hold of the card so you can let
> go. You couldn't care less about his email address.

But if his hand makes a copy of the card number & exp date of everyone's card
who’s given him their card in the queue before me, I might not want to give him
my card no matter where his hand is! And I’ll not let go should he grab it! My
behavior is not due to what I see, but what I remember of similar behavior. I
don't have to see him using my card w/o my permission to make a decision. So
too is the dialog between the OS & the user one of appearance, rituals, and
memory.