Newbie

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri May 2 00:30:17 UTC 2003

On Thursday 01 May 2003 08:12 am, Tony Fugere wrote:
> I am new to Squeak. I have created a little project, and I would
> like to save the source code for it. I know you can save the
> project, but the file is in binary. I would like to be able to
> share SmallTalk source code for a project. What am I missing?

Did you write source code, like in a browser?

Any methods or class definitions *that you wrote in a browser* will be
in the Change Set associated with the Project. You can open a Change
Sorter, and file out the Change Set using the menu.

If you wrote source code using tile scripting (eToy), this will not
appear in your current Change Set, though if you save the project it
will be saved with the project.

If you assembled Morphs together by hand, made sketches, etc., there
is no source code. You must either save the Morphs themselves (like
for instance you could save the World as a Morph in a file) or you
must save the project.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com