[ANN] Yet Another TrueType support for Squeak

Arjen van Elteren a.vanelteren at chello.nl
Fri May 2 12:28:16 UTC 2003

Hi,

Some time ago I wrote a plugin to talk to the freetype 2 library. I've
been playing with it on and off (I like to have nice fonts in
squeak but I don't like most font issues like advance etc.). As
Bitstream has published the Vera font family I decided to clean up
and publish my effort, it's available at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3192. The package comes with prebuild
library's for linux (3.4-devel1 and 3.5-devel1 both work on my system)
and one ttf font for testing.

High-lights;
* Anti-aliasing
* Low mem usages (font is stored in 8 bit form not 32 bit)
* Works with colors (like red on blue etc).

Low-lights;
* No bold or italics support
* No real knowledge of font-familys
* Not Unicode