DVS doesn't show changes?

Eric Scharff scharffe at cs.colorado.edu
Fri May 2 19:08:42 UTC 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 12:49 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 02 May 2003 11:03 am, Eric Scharff wrote:
>> What I want is really pretty simple.  After I do a CVS update and a
>> fileIn, I want to browse the new changes, just the ones since my
>> last update.  What is the easiest way to do this?
>
> It works for me.
>
> I know this doesn't help, but what I did:
>
> * add a package to the DVS package panel
> * edit it to point to where the source was
> * choose "file in"
>
> I believe there's a difference between "file in" and "load".

I can file them in, but the changes button doesn't ever seem to do
anything.  What I wantis twofold:

1) Before I fileIn, I want to see the changes between the version on
disk and my current version.
2) Before I fileOut, I want to see what I've changed in the package
since the last time I filedOut.  Obviously it knows that *something*
has changed because it puts that asterisk in the package browser.  It
simply refuses to tell me what has changed.

-Eric