to: squeak ministry of metainformation

Bill Schwab schwabw at sprynet.com
Sat May 3 16:10:45 UTC 2003

Rob,

=======================

{HYPERLINK "http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=1752211"}http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=1752211
The second to last line attributes Apple for pioneering the graphical
interface. Perhaps several letters to the editor would be received well by
this publication. It's readership is fairly broad. Extolling the research
work of Smalltalk and even the broader goals and economic benefits of
education through dynamic automation might grab them. cheers, rob
=======================

For an economics rag, I'm perhaps a little more interested that they think
the flaw in Napster was the central server, not producing an infrastructure
for ripping off people who produce intellectual (ok, most of it falls short of
that<g>) property.

The truly scary thing is how little reading I had to do to get the true story on
Smalltalk, GUIs etc.  The fact that the _computer_ rags don't demand their
authors so inform themselves is sad.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
bills at anest4.anest.ufl.edu