A pretty cool box (literally)...

Chris Reuter cgreuter at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 5 23:31:32 UTC 2003

In article <p05210608bad99fdc158d@[192.168.0.100]> you write:
>Mike Rueger put me onto this box:
>
>	http://solarpc.com/

[...]

>These folks have been around, but I think there will be a number of sources soon for this
>kind of box, as the VIA EPIA processor is a big commercial item, fueled by the set op box and
>related markets.

As I've already mentioned in a previous post, there's something of a
subculture forming around the mini-ITX form factor.  Take a look at

	http://www.mini-itx.com

for a survey of available parts and some really, um, unconventional
custom projects.  It's not to hard to assemble an ideal[1] SqueakBox.

                              --Chris

[1] Aside from the x86-based CPU, of course.
--
Chris Reuter                           http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~cgreuter
"It's a worse addiction than drugs, I'll tell you that. ... Guys like Lou Reed,