Timezones

Brent Pinkney pinkney_b at aircom.co.za
Tue May 6 06:13:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am thinking of making a final effort to get my ANSI DateAndTime implemenetation into 3.6

It has been on the swki for a while and is pretty stable. See http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1871

It aims to be ANSI compliant and also includes extensioins for Dates, Weeks, Months etc. The first versions of this effort (julian day number implementation) have been in the image for a while now.

It does maintain the local time as an offset from UTC; the only  thing lacking from ANSI compliance is the timezone database and a suite of SUnit tests.

I would like to merge the Timezone effort into this work, so let me know.

Cheers

Brent