ReadWriteStream Issues

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue May 6 07:51:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 02:45:57PM -0700, Anthony Adachi wrote:
> Which leads to your statement, "...standard
> methodology for checking...", raising another issue.
> Are there sUnit unit tests for all the classes in the
> system located somewhere?
No. They don't exist.

> Have changes and
> refactorings to the standard system been verified with
> unit tests?
No.

>Or developed test first?
No.

Hey, we see a pattern here: No tests--> Bad code. Who would
have guessed that?

There is an initative to build a suite of Unit-tests for Squeak.

BaseImage Tests
http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/300e6bb1-214c-4258-bc73-dee8b11cca9c

But this is really not big, 340 tests or so. We really need more tests,
The way to contribute is to sent your tests with the tag [TESTS] to
the Squeak list. They will be added to the test-suite.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de