What we want with Squeak?

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Tue May 6 23:34:29 UTC 2003

> Diego makes an interesting point about there being multiple
> groups within the overall Squeak community, each pulling
> the language in a different direction.

Please remember that there is (also) a "little group" that
 consider that Smalltalk is not a language ;-)
( we know that it is an environment,
  an open ambient constrained to evolution
  and not only to changes as languages).
Probably each of us can't enumerate all the groups
 co-laborating in our community.

Also, we must consider that time is different
 for an individual that for the goup.
 (the duration of a second depends on the
  side of the [bathroom]door you are :-)

Relax and do Squeak for fun.
Squeak is an Smalltalk and it will not dissapear
 without changing our minds.
Languages are replaced by new languages,
 ambients evolve.

Ale.