What we want with Squeak?

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Wed May 7 08:06:17 UTC 2003

I'm having a hard time figuring out how any of these problems magically
disappear in the absence of system that is well factored into packages.
The ugly dependency graphs are all still there...you just can't see them
and it's difficult to cope with them.

For example, if I download base Squeak 3.5, and try to load Zurgle
directly from your website...I'll bet I run into the same issues you
described (if you haven't dealt with them already).  Right now, the only
way for you to deal with that issue is to build your own pre-packaged
image with Zurgle included...and nothing stops you from doing so in the
presence of a well-factored Squeak.

However, if I want to use Zurgle with a different version of Squeak,
then I've potentially got some work to do.  I can't see how having the
system properly factored into packages with dependencies clearly
understood would do anything but help that situation.

- Stephen

--
- Stephen
_________