Seaside, Comanche and friends.

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Wed May 7 10:47:57 UTC 2003

Benoit,

> --- Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 6 May 2003, Benoit St-Jean wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone can tell me what I need to properly load
> > > Seaside and experiment with it?
> >
> > Have you tried following the tutorial at
> > http://beta4.com/seaside2/tutorial.html ?
> >
> > Basically, if you:
> > 1. Load Comanche 5.1 (not NG) from SqueakMap
> > 2. Load Seaside from SqueakMap
> > 3. execute: "WAKom startOn: 9090"
> > 4. go to: http://localhost:9090/seaside/counter
> >
> > You should see the simple counter demo.
> >
> > Does this not work for you?
>
> Doesn't work...  Loads fine now but nothing is
> displayed in browser...  Anyway, got to leave now so
> will check that tomorrow!

I followed these steps yesterday. I have two comments. First, for some
reason Seaside won't work for me when using Scamper. It works just fine in
Safari (Apple's new browser).

Second, there is a "self halt" in the decrement method of the WACounter
demo. It brings up a debugger walkback in the browser. Though that is very
cool, it was confusing until I found and commented out the "self halt".

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"You will notice that BeOS has taken the best parts from all the major