Call for proposals for hosting the ESUG Smalltalk Event 2004

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed May 7 14:34:49 UTC 2003

Sorry for multiple receptions.

--------

ESUG (http://www.esug.org) is a non-profit organization which was
founded in 1991. Its goal is promoting object technology within the
context of the Smalltalk programming language. To achieve this goal,
ESUG undertakes many activities, such as:
-organizing conferences and workshops that allow users and vendors and
also industry people and academics to meet,
-providing free teaching materials and books to students and
universities,
-supporting local Smalltalk users groups and helping establish new
ones,
-...

ESUG is looking for local organizers for hosting its event for year
2004. This edition of the event should take place the last week of
August 2004 (i.e. from Saturday August 21st to Friday August 27th).

We (the ESUG board) would like to take decision on august 2003 during
the forthcoming conference that will be held in Slovenia. We would
like to meet discuss with potential organizers in Slovenia, so to
discuss their proposals. Also, this will be the opportunity for
selected organizers to gains over preceding local organizers experience.

Please send your proposal to esug-info at esug.org by August 20th 2003.
Your proposal should include three names and email addresses for the
local organization contact people (3 persons at least), and give
information about location, hosting, ...

Important notes:

-At Essen and Douai we got around 100 participants.

-We plan to have (again) a student volunteer program to help local
organizers to take care of the coffee break, material, badges,
projectors.....

- When you will propose to organize ESUG you should consider that we
would like to host CampSmalltalk too. For this purpose we will need
one or two amphitheaters, a room with network access.

- Ideally, we would like to be able to have everybody in a single location

We hope to hear about you soon and that we will have a great place for
ESUG 2004.

The ESUG board
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group
http://www.esug.org