Removing DoIts from a changeset

Chris Reuter cgreuter at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 8 00:21:05 UTC 2003

In article <oproteqzbit0q0zg at mail.gmx.de>,
Torge Husfeldt  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>

>On Tue, 6 May 2003 05:50:15 -0400, Chris Reuter
><cgreuter at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>> Ned Konz  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> How did you get DoIts into a change set?

>> And now that I think of it, I have no idea.  It just started doing the
>> right thing all of a sudden.  I guess there was (is?) a bug somewhere
>> that let it in.  It would have happened in 2.4, probably.

>There is AFAICT a feature in the fileout mechanism that adds these doIts
>for all class initialization methods of the changeset.
>That means it is OK to have them in the textual representation but they
>don't show up in a message sorter.
>It is in the method ChangeSet>>fileOutPSFor:on:.

As a matter of fact, I just discovered this, like, half an hour ago.
When you fileout a changeset, Squeak _always_ adds expressions to
initialize the class during filein.

>You could comment out the marked ifFalse: block or make it a Preference.

Nah, since that's (arguably) correct behaviour.  I'll just change the
behaviour of the class initialization method.

The problem (for those that are curious) is that the #initialize
method would load a bunch of icons from disk into memory.  This worked
fine when you unzipped all the files into a directory and then filed
in the changeset from there because the files were there.  With the
introduction of SAR files though, the images are no longer on disk.
They're in the SAR.

I'm just going to remove that behaviour from the #initialize method
and make the SAR postscript do the work.

Thanks for the help, though.

                              --Chris

--
Chris Reuter                           http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~cgreuter
"The Canadian raise: get the same amount of money but work less.  I want to get