Timezones

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Thu May 8 04:22:07 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 08:10  PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:10:39AM +0200, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Todd, I think you have the most experience with timestamps and
> integration
> of time-related stuff into server applications, so we should defer to
> you on that front (I don't know what the issues may be, if any).

I do?!?!

I mean uh (ahem) of course - fire away.  Seriously my perspective is
trying to map concepts of time/date neatly into records in a postgresql
database.  Which of course entails timezone knowledge.

I'm having that same employment problem (a little busy brushing up on
some skills to try to land a job).  I'll make time in the next day or
two though - I think I can at least load Brent's package on top of the
ansi package (which I have in my current working image right now) and
see if it breaks anything.