[BUG] Re: [UPDATES] 9 package removals for 3.6alpha

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu May 8 11:09:02 UTC 2003

Which makes sense, since Balloon3D was removed. Decision time - what do
we do about the media examples currently in the image, that depend on
the packages we're removing from "base".

The obvious solution - slurp all the Worlds out as a whole to a project,
publish them as a package, remove them from "base", and when we publish
the "full" image, at 3.6 release time, we load that in too. In short,
"base" will not include cool media, but that's okay, because
newbies/demos will use "full", which will be full of them (sic).

Alternatives?

Anybody adept at publishing Projets want to make the package, test the
procedure and let us know?

Daniel