[UPDATES] 9 package removals for 3.6alpha

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu May 8 18:30:16 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> Okay folks, the package removal updates are now here, things may get
> rocky for a little while... proceed with caution.
This is probably the time to start on the path of providing the 'base'
and 'full' image options we've discussed. With these package removal
updates installed an image is clearly on the path towards 'baseness'.
Perhaps each batch of removal updates should be accompained by a trailer
that will (at least offer to) install the appropriate replacement
packages?

Certainly I think we need to start having the two variants easily
accessible on the ftp server with some suitable explanation to help
people (especially newcomers) to decide which to fetch.

tim
It's redundant!  It's redundant!        -R. E. Dundant