[Q] MCP vs. Removals - The Conflict

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu May 8 22:37:55 UTC 2003

<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:
> Hi guys...
>
> The MCP team received an aproval for all the changes we had produced from
> Ned Konz (our Haverster).  Thanks Ned for your work!

Great work guys. If I haven't said so earlier, I will say so now - you
are Heroes!

> He aproved all the changes and give us some other fixes related to
> connectors stuff.
>
> Our plan is to create 2 changeset: One with all the fixed and the other
> with the Test (for the Markus's stuff).
>
> Until this point, everything is good... but....
>
> The removals have conflicts with our work. For example: We refactor morphs
> from Alice, Games, etc.
>
> How it's supposed we have to proceed?

Hehe, oops. :-)

> One obvious but notSooGood solution is to create a small piece of code that
> remove from out changes all the modifications we made to the just-removed
> classes.  The dark point with these aproach is we'll lose a lot of cleaning.

But wait - shouldn't your changes simply be routed to the maintainer of
said packages?
Then they can update their packages and the rest is released on the
update stream.

Nothing should of course get lost, that would be a real shame.

regards, Göran