[Q] MCP vs. Removals - The Conflict

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri May 9 16:25:50 UTC 2003

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:

>>Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:

>>>Yes, presumably if you file in the replacement package with DVS, then
>>>any changes you make will go to those packages and then you can send
>>>diffs of the DVS packages to the maintainers.
>>
>>Right! If they use DVS of course. But that's true - sounds rather easy.
>>As it should be.
>

> I'm not sure how to it'll work.
>
> I see a (big?) problem: What is Morphic? It's not so easy to define wich
> parts of the image is Morphic or not.  It's not only a problem of "big-
> mess", morphic is an ortogonal concept to a lot of packages.
>
> IMO, it's really difficult to define the borders between Morphic and
> TheRest.
>
> Can you give me more details how you think DVS can help here?

Diego,

I wasn't so much saying that you need to use DVS (though it would be
great as Daniel said if Morphic could be pulled out into a clean DVS
package).  What I meant is that if you file in the packages that replace
the removed stuff (I think they're in DVS format are they not?) then any
changes you make to those packages will continue to get filed out as
part of those packages so you can easily send the changes back to the
package maintainers.

Julian