Unix platform code CVS updating

Ivo Rössling iroess at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri May 9 19:06:57 UTC 2003

Hi, Tim!

>Thanks for volunteering (to all three of you). 'asparagi' is planning an
>attack this weekend and I'm sure she'll holler for help if any is
>needed. It's nice to know there are a few CVS savvy people around. I can
>check stuff out, commit it and swear at it and that's about all.

OK. I'm looking forward... ;-)

>Of course, it would help dummies like me if there was a decent UI tool
>for all the platforms I use. I've tried (on unix) cevisia (it stinks)
>and some tcl/tk based doobry (it stunk) and MacCVS (ummm....) and !CVS
>on RiscOS (which actually works ok for checking out but doesn't handle
>ssh yet so I can't use it to commit to SF ).

You should try jedit (www.jedit.org) - quite a powerful and extensible
editor, written in java (- not squeak, but anyway: available for all
those systems... ;-)). There's a plugin (plugins.jedit.org) availlable
called "Grunspud" which is has everything you'll need...
Grunspud is also availlable as a standalone application - but I haven't
tried latter way yet...

Cheers,
Ivo.