[Q] doubleclickable and dragable morph: how?

Rudi Angela Olmeca at netscape.net
Sat May 10 08:05:49 UTC 2003

Thanks Ned, that did the trick! That was indeed the kind of solution I hoped for, instead of the #handlesMouseDown track.
Now I have a dragable morph that has a single-click and doubleclick behavior.
But I noticed now that if you provide a single-click handler by using:

on: #click send:#doSingleClick to: self

the handler is called on the mouseDown, rather than mouseUp. I was expecting the latter and I recall in one of your previous submissions on this subject you also indicated this in a diagram. I would rather have single-clicks and doubleclicks to be fired at mouseUp. But then maybe that's a totally different discussion. Just thought I'd let you know your diagram had a flaw.

thanks for the fix, Rudi

On May 9 Ned Konz wrote:

OK, after thinking about this, hearing the (very correct) warnings
from Andreas and Lex, fixing the doubleClick logic in
MouseClickState, etc., here's my recommendation for a
double-clickable Morph that is also draggable. Much simpler and safer
than overriding mouseDown: etc.

MyMorph>>initialize
        super initialize.
        self on: #doubleClick send: #changeColor to: self.
        self on: #startDrag send: #grabMe to: self

MyMorph>>grabMe
        ActiveHand grabMorph: self