Squid plan

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Sat May 10 21:05:40 UTC 2003

hi,

i'm a lurker here who has never used smalltalk.  i just wanted to point
out, in case you were interested (and didn't already know), that there is
a language that supports both logic variables and objects.  it's called
oz/mozart and there's more information at http://www.mozart-oz.org/ (i
haven't used that langauge either, but i'm reading about it in this rather
interesting book: http://www.info.ucl.ac.be/~pvr/ ).

cheers,
andrew

Andreas Raab said:
> I've thought about this model for a while myself. I always ended up with
> thinking about the "meaning of assignment" when I got deeper into it,
> because at some point you may want to treat assignment more along the
> lines
> of unification (as in Prolog) rather than pointer sharing (as in Lisp).
[...]

--
http://www.acooke.org/andrew