sUnit- testing for a specific error

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun May 11 18:10:01 UTC 2003

On Sunday 11 May 2003 10:57 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> why what I was syaing was wrong? If I do should: [] raise: MyError
> this is not working?

I thought that Anthony wanted to be more specific. He can't define
MyError if he's looking for a pre-existing Error that's already being
raised by another (pre-written) class. So he has to look at both the
class of the error (Error) and its description ("is not in the
collection").

Certainly if you have a predictable error class that actually *means*
something (as opposed to the widespread use of Error for all kinds of
things in the image), you should look for the class instead.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com