Squeak on QTOPIA on Linux IPAQ

Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed May 14 00:06:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

I tried to get Squeak running on an IPAQ 3870 under the OPIE
environment. OPIE is based on Qtopia, so I used Yoshiki's
(unreleased) port to Qtopia, which was mentioned on
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2437 .

The VM writes via QDirectPainter to the framebuffer directly. But it looks
like this port was made for a Zaurus, which seems to have a framebuffer
with a slightly other adressing scheme, because Squeak was shown upside
down. So I had to fix the "copy to framebuffer" method to get a working
squeak on the IPAQ.

Has somebody done an official port to Qtopia on an IPAQ and / or run some
squeak benchmarks on this platform? Also some benchmarks of the Pocket PC
version of Squeak on a similar device would be appreciated.

Lars