[ENH] LargeInteger hash (Recommended by Chris Muller)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed May 14 06:31:06 UTC 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 01:49 PM, Chris Muller wrote:

> ... Andres Valloud and someone else graciously took the trouble to fix
> this (see
> [ENH] LargeInteger hash (24 November 2002) in the Squeak fixes
> archive) but it
> has apparently not made it to the standard image yet.  There has been
> a lot of
> discussions about the Guides roles lately, but I am still not sure the
> what
> appropriate action I can take to lobby that this fix become part of the
> standard image.

I was going to say that what you need to do is post again with a
subject line like "[ENH] LargeInteger hash (recommended!)", but I see
that you already did that in a separate message. :-)  So basically you
did the right thing.  (See http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152 )

Yes, the harvesting process has stalled a bit recently, but I want to
get it going again, and having an item "recommended" like this will
help ensure that it gets looked at.

- Doug Way