Altered method code displayed in browser after accept (3.4 #5170)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu May 15 22:36:41 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

>If you have the shift key down, you'll see a decompilation. But the
>variable names should still be intact.

I used to do this with VisualWorks (hold shift key down to see the
bytecodes of the method).  In fact, once it was an *invaluable* trick in
finding an obscure GemStone/VisualWorks/Envy interaction bug.  I didn't
know the Squeak browsers would do that.

Hmm, I just tried it with a System Browser (Squeak 3.4-5170, on RedHat
8.0).  Hold shift key down, click the method name in the top right pane
while holding shift down.

Doesn't work.  Doesn't seem to make any difference.

So, how do you do that again?

Nevin