[ANN] Tutorial / Example updated for Squeak 3.5

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at one.net
Sat May 17 03:11:04 UTC 2003

Hello,

I've put some effort into updating the Squeak development example I'd
written last year.  There are now 2 versions on my web site.  The old
one that uses Squeak 3.2, which I know some folks have active links
pointing to it, and a new one that works with Squeak 3.5.

The new version for Squeak 3.5 introduces a number of development
tools, and some of my own personal enhancements as part of the
"development walk-through".  Features demonstrated include:
	Setting preferences
	Basic change sets and projects for organizing Squeak code
	Using the SqueakMap package Loader
	Installing and using Skins II
	Enhancing FileList
	Proper use of menu services in FileList
	Using FileList as an FTP client
	Using SUnit to test code
	Color print code text modifications
	Other personal enhancements for Squeak code work
	Management of the change-set preamble
	A mechanism for managing change set prerequisites via SqueakMap

It was fun to revisit and update, but also ended up being a lot of
work.  It's very likely I may have made some mistakes and left
something incomplete.  Have a look.  Constructive feedback is welcome...

Here's the URL to the main page.

http://w3.one.net/~swessels/pages/steve/squeak/copyFilesTutorial/
index.html

  - Steve