Squeak as Linux and other threads

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat May 17 16:19:32 UTC 2003

I agree that tech can't remove the ideological reasons for forking, but
it can remove some incidental reasons for forking (I can't distribute my
code because what doesn't get into the image doesn't get seen - mostly
fixed by SM), and can give us freedom to remove some substantial reasons
(the image being distributed is so full of stuff that I can't use it as
a base for a commercial app - will be much better when we have Basic and
Minimal + load scripts).

The only things that can help with ideological forks is peoples own will
to cooperate, even at the cost of requiring some flexbility...

Daniel