[FIX] HttpSocketPortFix-cdm

chris at cadex.net chris at cadex.net
Tue May 20 16:17:21 UTC 2003

I'm new to this, please forgive (and kindly point out) any problems.
Also, as noted in the preamble, this may or may not be a bug.  It's more
of a work-around to work better with other buggy apps... but it does
seem to follow the appropriate rfc's.

from preamble:

"Change Set:		HttpSocketPortFix-cdm
Date:			20 May 2003
Author:			Chris Moyer

This may or may not be a bug.
Essentially, rfc2616 states that leaving off the port value in the URI
means it should use the default, 80.  HttpSocket was sending :PORT in
the host header of any request.  This appears to be valid, but is
different from the behaviour of seemingly every browser and http client,
which only send the :80 when it's specified in the url.  I noticed this,
as some web apps, (and my companies intranet) fail to handle having :80
specified in the Host: header.

Also, removed the Transcript show for redirects"!