[CONNECTORS] How to abort crosshair mode

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Tue May 20 18:39:36 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> writes:

> Is there some reason why you want to return false to isPlayfieldLike?

What I was trying to achieve is having a morph ("ProductMorph") inside
a container (PasteUpMorph subclass "ContractMorph"). I want to be able
to connect both the ProductMorphs and the Contracts.

While this would still be nice to have, my main concern it: how to I
get out of the crosshair mode.

> Why not just stick the playfield in another Morph and make that
> connectable?

I don't quite understand the semantics behind it. Why can't I simply
connect a playfield. By sticking the playfield into another Morph it
looks I supply a missing bit of information. What is this ?

BTW the owner chain looks like this:

ProductMorph (CircleMorph)
        ContractMorph (PasteUpMorph isPlayfieldLike->false
        			wantsAttachement...->true)
                ContractContainer(Rectangle) (isConnectable->false)
                        SchemeView (PasteUpMorph)
                                World (PasteUpMorph)

The connection points I see are from the ContractMorph.