XScaled Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue May 20 18:41:19 UTC 2003

Right up to the point where someone decided that having integrated
802.11(or other form of wireless)
would allow you to have 24x7 internet access etc to receive pages, mail
etc. Then the fact it's still
in your pocket is moot.

Imagine if one could suck the contents of PDA as they pass by your car,
wouldn't that be a concern for some folks?

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 10:20  AM, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Jim.Gettys at hp.com wrote:
>

>> Trust us, Pocket PC is *really*, *really* insecure.  A significant
>> amount of the interest in Linux on these devices is caused by this
>> insecurity....
>>                                   - Jim
>>

> For most folks, I imagine the security issues of Pocket PC devices
> might be solved by...er... keeping it in your pocket?
>
> Nevin

===