[Q] Squeak to C code

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed May 21 20:44:06 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 12:38 pm, Pablo Lopez wrote:
> Anyone knows about generating C code from a Squeak project?...
>
> 	(i remember somebody speaking of that)
>
> Is that right? ..or i'm wrong?

We can generate C from a limited subset of Smalltalk. Unfortunately,
it's one in which there is no message lookup.

We do this for the plugins.

If you want to see some of this code in action, browse the *Plugin
classes.

However, if you're thinking "I'll generate C for my Squeak
application, compile it with GCC, and have a fast executable", it
won't work.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com